Writing 'A' papers on a collegiate level
APA, MLA, Persuasive, Informative, Double spaced, Single spaced, Times New Roman, Arial... These decisions of format, style and structure are what plague our students as they enter their freshman year. Our tutorial will cover the three main components of essay writing listed below and fully equip our students for college life.
Our class will start with 8 common Essay Formats and their Citation Styles.
4. The Review
6. Comparison and Contrast
8. Cause and Effect
Our tutorial will also cover most common formats used in collegiate essay writing:
1. MLA (Modern Language Association)
A style of formatting academic papers that is used mostly in arts and humanities.
2. APA (American Psychological Association)
A style of formatting academic papers that is used mostly in the social sciences.
3. CMS (Chicago Manual of Style)
A style of formatting written works that is most widely used in publishing.
Our tutorial will cover the physical structure of a proper essay.
Things like margins and spacing become more important. 1. Use one-inch margins all around. ...
2. While single-spaced essays are usually acceptable, your essay will be easier to read if it's 1.5 or double-spaced.
3. Clearly delineate your paragraphs. ...
4. Use a font that's easy to read, like Times, Arial, Calibri, Cambria, etc.